VCCP Winter Classic
2023 VCCP Winter Classic | January 27 -29, 2023
VCCP is proud to serve as host of the largest jackpot show on the east coast: The VCCP Winter Classic. All of our events are held at the Rockingham County Fairgrounds in Harrisonburg, Virginia. The VCCP members thank everyone who has supported them since their inception, what a time it has been!!!!!
TWO RINGS AVAILABLE (Ring A and Ring B) for BOTH Days – Steers and Heifers
2023 Judges: TBA
Tentative Show Schedule
|12:00 Noon||Cattle may Stall. Absolutely No cattle in barns before Noon
Vendor set up
|5:00 PM till 9:00 PM||Show Check-in (steer weigh-in)|
|5:00 PM||Weaver Sponsored Fitting Clinic|
|All heifers and steers that are on grounds need to check in on Friday 5-9pm Check health papers, registration papers, be sure to bring these with you to registration|
|SATURDAY, JANUARY 28||Breeding Heifer Show. Anyone showing only steers and/or market heifers may check in early Saturday morning 7-8am if not previously done so but must have previously registered online.|
|7:00 AM to 8:00 AM||Check-in (steer weigh-in)|
|8:00 AM||Silent auction and Vendors open / Bidding opens for VCCP Eastern Elite on SC Online sales|
|9:00 AM||National Anthem – and Brief Opening comments|
|9:30||Start show A, Ring B will start after first division of Ring A is complete. Order of breeds will be determined and posted at show.|
|Market Heifer and Steer Show|
|9:00 AM||Market heifers show first followed by Steers. Order of breeds will be determined and posted at show.|
- Registration will be online soon.
- No unethical treatment of animals!
- All Market heifers and steers will be weighed
- All animals need to have health papers (within 30 days) on hand with them at the show.
All heifers are eligible to show in the breeding show and may cross enter into the market heifer show on Sunday with a Double Entry Fee due when entries are received.
- Any heifer that is shown on Saturday and not entered on Sunday is free to leave the show grounds at the conclusion of her class and or Division Championship.
- Health Papers are required in and out of State. Basic Health papers ONLY.
- Crossbred steers and market Heifers will be shown by weight.
- Purebred Steers and heifers will be shown by age, and Purebred Heifers that will cross over into the market show must be weighed as well.
- All cattle must be born after January 1, 2022 (no exceptions).
- At least 10 entries (of each sex and breed) must be received to justify a breed class or show as AOB, and must be accompanied by the original/ copy of Registration Papers or will show as Commercial. Option: if there are not 10 cattle to have a breed class your family or farm can sponsor that breed for $250.00 to have the division and collect a banner and division money.
- CATTLE MAY START ARRIVING AFTER NOON ON FRIDAY JANUARY 27TH. ABSOLUTELY NO CATTLE (ONLY) IN THE BARNS BEFORE NOON.
- Barn stalling is first come, first serve – Marking off spaces ahead of time will not be allowed – signs will be removed.
- No chutes will be allowed in Stalling Spaces or Tack areas. Aisle ways and other designated areas only, unless space permits after all cattle are in the barns on Saturday after 9:00 AM. Please abide to this rule. YOU WILL BE ASKED TO MOVE! NO EXCEPTIONS!
- Cattle may only be housed in the barns designated by the show committee only. No exhibitors may house or fit animals in any other buildings on the grounds unless pre-approval is obtained from the committee as a whole.
The following hotels are located close to the fairgrounds:
TRU by HILTON
Please contact us if you would like more information about the Best of the Valley Sale. The VCCP sends all information by email.
Please include your name, farm name, full address, phone number, your email address, and the type of information that you would like to receive from us. We will contact you soon after we receive your email, and thank you for your interest!
Do You Like Our Page? Share With Friends!