VCCP Winter Classic
2021 VCCP Winter Classic | January 29- 31, 2021
VCCP is proud to serve as host of the largest jackpot show on the east coast: The VCCP Winter Classic. All of our events are held at the Rockingham County Fairgrounds in Harrisonburg, Virginia. The VCCP members thank everyone who has supported them since their inception, what a time it has been!!!!!
2021 Judge: Barry Nowatzke
Please follow the directions and complete all steps of this online registration form. There is only one fee option this year of $55 / per head + Credit card transaction fee. All online entries will need to be paid via credit card. You are also able to sponsor a class or division through the registration process. There is also a tab on this form to donate any amount to the show to help cover operational costs – any donation is appreciated. You must sign off on the Covid waiver or you / your child will not be permitted to show.
There will be changes to the check-in process – these will be posted on our VCCP Winter Classic Facebook page the week of the show. Please make sure you have a copy of your registration papers (copy or original) and your health papers or you will not be permitted to enter the show. We are trying to limit / get rid of most or all office interaction to maintain social distancing. Classes will be posted on the VCCP Winter classic Facebook page and around the barns.
Barn stalling is first come, first serve – Marking off spaces ahead of time will not be allowed – signs will be removed.
If you have questions, please call:
Clint Lyle: 540-292-5953 or Neal Buchanan: 540-578-4754.
Please Register below with the Online Registration button.
Tentative Show Schedule
|FRIDAY, JANUARY 29|
|12:00 Noon||Cattle may Stall. Absolutely No cattle in barns before Noon
Vendor set up
|12:00 PM till 8:30 PM||Show Check-in (steer weigh-in)|
|SATURDAY, JANUARY 30|
|7:00 AM to 8:00 AM||Check-in (steer weigh-in)|
|8:00 AM||Silent auction and Vendors open / Bidding opens for VCCP Eastern Elite on SC Online sales|
|8:00 – 9:15 AM||Weaver Clinic|
|9:30 – 10:00 AM||TBD – sponsor presentations|
|10:00 – 10:30 AM||Opening Ceremony (limited)|
|11:00 AM||Heifer Show Begins|
|7:00 PM||10th Annual Eastern Elite Production Sale – starts to close on SC Online sales|
|SUNDAY, JANUARY 31|
|8:00 AM||Silent Auction and Vendors open|
|9:00 AM||Steer Show Begins|
|12:00 PM||Silent Auction Closes|
- Registration will be online at https://vccp.theshowportal.com/
- No unethical treatment of animals!
- All Market heifers and steers will be weighed
- All animals need to have health papers (within 30 days) on hand with them at the show.
All heifers are eligible to show in the breeding show and may cross enter into the market heifer show on Sunday with a Double Entry Fee due when entries are received.
- Any heifer that is shown on Saturday and not entered on Sunday is free to leave the show grounds at the conclusion of her class and or Division Championship.
- Health Papers are required in and out of State. Basic Health papers ONLY.
- Crossbred steers and market Heifers will be shown by weight.
- Purebred Steers and heifers will be shown by age, and Purebred Heifers that will cross over into the market show must be weighed as well.
- All cattle must be born after January 1, 2020 (no exceptions)
- At least 10 entries (of each sex and breed) must be received to justify a breed class or show as AOB, and must be accompanied by the original/ copy of Registration Papers or will show as Commercial. Option: if there are not 10 cattle to have a breed class your family or farm can sponsor that breed for $250.00 to have the division and collect a banner and division money.
- CATTLE MAY START ARRIVING AFTER NOON ON FRIDAY JANUARY 29TH. ABSOLUTELY NO CATTLE (ONLY) IN THE BARNS BEFORE NOON.
- Barn stalling is first come, first serve – Marking off spaces ahead of time will not be allowed – signs will be removed.
- No chutes will be allowed in Stalling Spaces or Tack areas. Aisle ways and other designated areas only, unless space permits after all cattle are in the barns on Saturday after 9:00 AM. Please abide to this rule. YOU WILL BE ASKED TO MOVE! NO EXCEPTIONS!
- Cattle may only be housed in the barns designated by the show committee only. No exhibitors may house or fit animals in any other buildings on the grounds unless pre-approval is obtained from the committee as a whole.
Rooms are blocked at all listed hotels for the 2021 VCCP Winter Classic: (Make sure and mention VCCP Winter Classic)
TRU by HILTON
Please contact us if you would like more information about the Best of the Valley Sale. The VCCP sends all information by email.
Please include your name, farm name, full address, phone number, your email address, and the type of information that you would like to receive from us. We will contact you soon after we receive your email, and thank you for your interest!
Do You Like Our Page? Share With Friends!